Header Ads

Samsung Galaxy Note 8: My first week with a nearly perfect smartphone

After spending a couple hours with a Galaxy Note 8 at a briefing in San Francisco I sold my S8 Plus on Swappa and ordered my own Note 8 from T-Mobile. With a week of time under my belt using a review Note 8, I'm convinced the purchase was the right move and look forward to further exploration of the Note 8.

ZDNet's Jason Cipriani posted a full review of the Note 8 and concluded it is a worthy successor to the Note 7. I put the Note 8 at the top of my updated 10 best smartphones list too.

CNET Review:Galaxy Note 8 is pricey, powerful and does it all | Also:See the Note 8 from every angle | Note 8 display sports record-breaking brightness

Over the past week, the Note 8 was used during my daily commute and at the office, on a business trip to Florida for a few days, and over the holiday weekend out and about with family and friends. The Note series are my favorite Samsung phones and it's clear Samsung is leading all others when it comes to smartphone innovation and added value.

Hardware experiences

I tried to describe my feelings about picking up and using the Note 8 on MobileTechRoundup show #405, but it comes down to a "flatter" feel of the display compared to the curvier Galaxy S series. This flat feel lets me use the S Pen to write on the display with ease. Check out these cool tricks you can do with the S Pen.